[kictanet] Alexa, I want to talk to a doctor

David Indeje davidindeje at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 07:47:22 EAT 2022

Listers,

When COVID-19 hit Kenya two years ago ( time moves fast), there was a lot
of talk around surveillance, intrusion into ones privacy.

KICTANet was not left behind together with partners, Article 19 and Policy,
we dug deeper to understand - "Unseen Eyes, Unheard Stories..."
https://youtu.be/oSi0scwRpa8

On the bright side, Kenya begun to embrace telemedicine, a novel idea.
Indeed, an exponential rise with how we are engaging with digital health
services via smartphones ( now competing with over the counter concept).

In the US, users can call a Dr via voice courtesy of Amazon Alexa.

Is it time we embraced telehealth visits in Kenya?
https://www.theverge.com/2022/2/28/22950636/amazon-alexa-telehealth-teladoc-echo