[kictanet] #KeIGF2022: KICTANet Prepares New Voices to Shape The Internet Governance Space

David Indeje dindeje at kictanet.or.ke
Mon Jun 20 12:09:15 EAT 2022

[image: KeSIG 2017.jpg]
Dear Listers,

To ensure we sustain and bring new voices into the Internet Governance
Space, the Kenya School of Internet Governance (KeSIG) virtual sessions
began Friday. KeSIG is one of KICTANet's capacity building programs that
aims to promote diversity and inclusion in the country’s ICT policy
dialogues and beyond.

This years' cohort was drawn from a pool of 331 applications. The call for
participation was targeted to individuals across the country interested in
ICT policy and regulations. 118 applicants were selected ensuring gender,
stakeholder and regional balance: Females (62), male (54), preferred not to
say (1) and other (1). In terms of sectors, within the civil society
organisations (14), academia (23), private sector (53), public sector (20)
and from the media.  More details here. https://bit.ly/3QuxVzk

*UPCOMING EVENTS*

[image: Social upcoming events.png]

Finally, we welcome you to participate in our other events planned during
the IGF week. Also be on the lookout this week for interesting discussions
that we shall be encouraged to engage in via the Mailing List. All are
available online and registration ongoing. The link is here
https://bit.ly/3N7LWQq

--
*Kind Regards,*

*David Indeje*

*KICTANet Communications *_____________________________________
+254 (0) 711 385 945 |  +254 (0) 734 024 856
KICTANet portals
KICTANet.or.ke <https://kictanet.or.ke/> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/kictanet> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/18428106/admin/> | Facebook