[kictanet] Invitation to Participate in ' Talk to IEBC'

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 14:47:23 EAT 2022

 For me the fact that IEBC will no longer BROADCAST the 'text' Presidential results the way they normally do at Bomas of KEnya big screen is a big drawback.
Whereas I do understand the Supreme Court challenged them on whether that broadcastes text results is 'the result' or whether the image of Form34 is the results is not sufficient reason enough for them NOT to broadcast the text results.
Not broadcasting the text results - in the random nature that they came - not only denies 'Wanjiku' the transparency to see how her Presidential candidate is progressing (or not), but it also creates a gap or opaqueness in terms of what could be happening - behind the scenes (even if nothing is happening).
The fact that  IEBC will still upload the image of FORM34 for Wanjiku to do her own tallies is not the answer since Wanjiku has no capacity, time or bandwidth to be tallying 45,000 or so FORMS as they get uploaded on the IEBC portal just to know which presidential candidate is ahead at a given particular time.
Perhaps, IEBC could still consider the option of broadcasting the Presidential 'TEXT' results once they have cross-checked with their physical copies as they arrive at Bomas.
walu.