[kictanet] Elections 2022: Kenyans fear hacking during elections

Benson Muite benson_muite at emailplus.org
Fri Aug 26 09:58:07 EAT 2022

Nice summary.

It would be nice to have electronic copies of forms 35,36,37,38 and 39 -
even if only scanned, possibly with ID numbers of returning officers
blanked out. Comprehensive results on MCA elections are missing and they
are the most accessible elected officials who can positively influence
our living environment.

Some examples of campaign and election result sites, note use of Spanish
and English:
https://www.rachelfventura.com/es/about/
https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/IL/Lake/101312/web.245375/#/summary
There is certainly the ability to create similar sites here (at least in
Kiswahli and English, hopefully other languages as well), but maybe more
education or will is needed.

Will there be any education of elected officials on tools for engagement
such as:
a) Wordpress forums (many county government sites run on wordpress, but
their quality varies significantly)
b) Civic engagement forums such as Decidim ( https://decidim.org/ ),
some countys ask for civic engagment in their budget allocations, but
physical meetings are time consuming compared to online open feedback