[kictanet] Elections 2022: Kenyans fear hacking during elections

David Indeje dindeje at kictanet.or.ke
Fri Aug 26 09:34:05 EAT 2022

[image: image.png]

Dear Listers,

Some interesting insights around Elections and Technology. Our Convenor Ms
Grace Githaiga and Ms Egline Samoei,one of our  Tech Observer shared
insights on the just concluded August 9, 2022 elections for Quartz Africa.

*“Kenyans don’t trust technology to run the electoral process. We are
afraid that systems might be hacked. People want to see the votes counted
one by one,” Egline Samoei.*

*“Tech is seen as neural but it doesn’t run elections on its own. People
behind the tech run elections. It is a case of garbage in, garbage out. If
we key in the right data on the right verification mechanisms, then we will
get verified election results,”Grace Githaiga told Quartz. *

Read more of it here
https://news.yahoo.com/kenyans-still-dont-trust-technology-114700550.html

In addition, stay updated from our series of blogs about the 2022 Kenya
Election.  https://www.kictanet.or.ke/what-we-do/election-observers/