[kictanet] Tribute to the ICT transformative agenda of President Emilio Mwai Kibaki

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Sat Apr 23 02:24:24 EAT 2022

As we mourn and celebrate the 3rd President of Kenya, Emilio Mwai Kibaki,
let us remember his transformative agenda for the ICT industry in Kenya,
especially in giving professionals free reign and putting Kenya on the
world ICT map. President Kibaki was instrumental in the success of M-PESA,
Open Data initiative, undersea Internet cables, the Konza Technopolis
Silicon Savanna, and attracting foreign investments. Indeed, during his
tenure as president, innovation hubs flourished and we continue to reap the
dividends of his vision.

KICTANet is grateful for the enabling environment President Kibaki
fostered. KICTANet was formed during his reign as a platform for all
stakeholders, and not just government to engage in ICT policy discussions.
All citizens could now sit at the table and chart the way forward for a
better Kenya.

What else do you remember Presidential Kibaki doing for the ICT industry?