[kictanet] KENYA is Not Alone

Ciiru K lizwanjiru at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 09:04:22 EAT 2022

@Barrack

I am sure that the masses including the infamous middle class would have
understood the following:-

   - Why?
   - Who?
   - What?
   - When?
   - How?
   - And the instructions below

1. Dial *106#
2. Confirm the numbers registered under your name & ID
3. If any anomalies, proceed to your telco for verification
4.If no anomalies, all is well

I am roaming and have only one line (*106# confirms it) which is registered
but they wanted my passport bio data, entry and exit stamps, visa details
etc. That is overreaching! Although I understand the objectives of the
exercise, I am against the podium threats and the attempt to acquire more
information than is necessary for this exercise. The poor communication and
blaming has shown that this was not very well thought out. GOK and service
providers need to stop treating Kenyans like children who must be
threatened into doing things, even well intended things.

Lol! Stay away from those banned words.

Liz

On Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 5:21 PM Barrack Otieno via KICTANet <