[kictanet] Your Contact Lists and Privacy

Barrack Otieno barrack at kictanet.or.ke
Tue Apr 5 14:25:33 EAT 2022

@Ali Hussein <ahussein at kictanet.or.ke> I beg to differ a bit. We should not
sacrifice Technology and innovation on the altar of regulation. While on
one hand I appreciate the role of regulation, there is a need to apply the
same with wisdom. Technology (Hardware and Software) are a means to an end
and not an end in themselves. The question I would ask is does the
application or piece of hardware add value to end users or not. Of course
most of these applications and hardware have business models built around
them but then again to what extent are end users benefitting. @John
Walubengo <jwalubengo at kictanet.or.ke> I would be hesitant to apply a one
size fits all approach to regulation. The European Union is at a very
different level in so far as penetration and adoption of Information and
Communication Technologies is concerned. The same applies to America and
most parts of Asia Pacific. I would prefer a more evidence based approach
to regulatory development with clear concerns from end users.

Thank you

Best Regards

On Mon, 4 Apr 2022, 9:14 am Ali Hussein via KICTANet, <