[kictanet] PUBLIC PARTIICIPATION REQUEST _ KeNIC WHOIS policy & Data and Information sharing policy

Ephraim Percy Kenyanito hello at ekenyanito.com
Fri Sep 3 13:17:23 EAT 2021

+1 to Ali.

@Kenic, Additionally- Please indicate a deadline for us to be able to plan
our time and fit this in our schedules in order to respond in good time.

Ephraim Percy Kenyanito

On Fri, 3 Sep 2021 at 13:09, Ali Hussein via KICTANet <

> Dear Team Kenic
>
> It's great that you are seeking public participation. Here's some
> unsolicited and well-intentioned advice:-
>
> Too often public participation in this country is a *tick the box*
> exercise. Can we structure the response better? Beyond an email address?
>
> Here's KICTANet's report on public participation
> <https://www.kictanet.or.ke/kictanet-unveils-report-on-assessment-of-public-participation-in-recent-ict-policy-making-processes-in-kenya/>.
> Some good pointers there on what to do and not to do.
>
> As a minimum provide us with a framework and roadmap of how the Public
> Participation Process will flow, who will manage it, and feedback will be
> provided. Short of this it becomes an academic exercise without
> transparency and hence lacking in accountability.
>
> Bottom Line
>
> Public participation in the ICT policy process must be open, accessible,
> diverse, collaborative, evidence-based, and transparent. Also, there is a
> need to have a holistic, multi-disciplinary, multi-stakeholder mechanism
> for public participation.
> Thanks!
>
> *Ali Hussein*
>
> Digital Transformation
>

> Tel: +254 713 601113
>
> Twitter: @AliHKassim
>
> Skype: abu-jomo

> <http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>
>

> Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
> mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
> organizations that I work with.
>

> On Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 3:27 PM KeNIC Admin Emails via KICTANet <
>
>> Dear Listers,
>>

>> We trust you are doing well.
>>

>> This is a public participation request on the updated *KeNIC WHOIS
>> policy* and *Information sharing policy* which is due for adoption.
>>

>> Being a critical data custodian and processor, we would like to ensure
>> that the data we have is correct, safe and secure.
>>

>> Your input is highly appreciated. Find the documents here
>> https://bit.ly/3ByatZz.
>>

>> Thank you.

>> KICTANet is a multi-stakeholder Think Tank for people and institutions
>> interested and involved in ICT policy and regulation. KICTANet is a
>> catalyst for reform in the Information and Communication Technology sector.
>> Its work is guided by four pillars of Policy Advocacy, Capacity Building,
>> Research, and Stakeholder Engagement.

>> KICTANet - The Power of Communities, is Kenya's premier ICT policy
>> engagement platform.

> KICTANet is a multi-stakeholder Think Tank for people and institutions
> interested and involved in ICT policy and regulation. KICTANet is a
> catalyst for reform in the Information and Communication Technology sector.
> Its work is guided by four pillars of Policy Advocacy, Capacity Building,
> Research, and Stakeholder Engagement.

> KICTANet - The Power of Communities, is Kenya's premier ICT policy
> engagement platform.

Best Regards,
Ephraim Percy Kenyanito
Legal Practitioner
International Trade, Technology, Media & Telecommunications Laws
Website: https://ekenyanito.com/
Twitter: @ekenyanito <https://twitter.com/ekenyanito>
PGP Fingerprint: B0FA394AF73DEB7AA1FDC7360CFED26DE6BA8DC1