[kictanet] WhatsApp to Move Ahead with its Privacy Updates

Mwara Gichanga mwaragichanga at kictanet.or.ke
Wed Feb 24 07:38:28 EAT 2021

Dear listers,

Thanks to those who managed to contribute to the discussions yesterday. We
are still collating our questions to Facebook regarding this subject. Today
let's talk about what's at stake with the new terms. To guide our
discussions, let's ponder over these questions:

1. We already have applications that mine our instant generated data from
our mobile phones(eg bible apps, mobile lending apps, games etc). What's
different with Whatsapp getting this data?

2. Is there anyone who has accepted these terms already? What's your
experience so far?

Lets continue the conversation!

Warmly
Mwara