[kictanet] Safaricom changes to home fibre ToS

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Wed Feb 17 07:00:11 EAT 2021

@Sidney Ochieng <sidney.ochieng at gmail.com> and listers. This is a great
conversation. I like Kivuva's argument on market forces. What we should
possibly ask is this:-

1. Did Safaricom deliberately sought to hoodwink customers, hook them on
cheap internet, and once they had penetrated the market changed the Terms
of Service? And if so, are there other options in the market?
2. It wasn't very long ago that this list was full of complaints about
Zuku's service. That seems to have disappeared. Could it be because an
alternative was offered in the form of Faiba by Jamii and Safaricom's Home
Fibre? I understand that Liquid is also testing a home internet offering.
The more the merrier.
3. The regulator has been awfully silent as this debate rages on social
media. Time for some direction?

Regards

*Ali Hussein*

Digital Transformation

Tel: +254 713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

<http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 1:29 AM Sidney Ochieng via kictanet <