[kictanet] Fwd: [ALAC-Announce] ***UPDATED Registration link *** Important - REGISTER - At-Large Capacity Building Webinar on Geopolitics and Cybersecurity

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Thu May 28 04:37:49 EAT 2020

Listers,

Might be of interest to you.

Best Regards

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: ICANN At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020, 10:33 pm
Subject: [ALAC-Announce] ***UPDATED Registration link *** Important -
REGISTER - At-Large Capacity Building Webinar on Geopolitics and
Cybersecurity
To: ALAC Announce <alac-announce at atlarge-lists.icann.org>

Dear All,

On behalf of Joanna Kulesza and Alfredo Calderon, Co-Chairs of the Capacity
Building Working Group, we would like to invite you to join the third
webinar of the new *At-Large Capacity Building Program – 2020*
<https://community.icann.org/x/1Ic3Ag> on the Topic of “*Geopolitics and
Cybersecurity*”.

The webinar is scheduled on *Monday 01 June at 21:00 UTC for 90 minutes.*

For other times: *https://tinyurl.com/yb55h47f
<https://tinyurl.com/yb55h47f>*

French and Spanish interpretation will be provided.

****UPDATED LINK***   **Please **REGISTER **[icann.zoom.us] to receive the
webinar details*
<https://icann.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Wu8e39aLTZCkgZfq1qqJqw>:
https://icann.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Wu8e39aLTZCkgZfq1qqJqw   - NOTE:
If you have already registered, you will need to re-register due to
technical issues.  Thank you!

The Guest Speakers are: Léon Sánchez [icann.org]
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_resources_pages_board-2Dof-2Ddirectors-3Fuser-3D70&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=FZbtcW2oEQ93m17Ia1eqCGwCfuvhKMRNMQ3MV-WXo9U&s=9rase1NzFpKH5mQ_kfOq_26FLtHhiD_X89C7vG6me4k&e=>,
ICANN Board Vice Chair; Veni Markovski
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_profiles_265&d=DwMDaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=kCfKs0p7lTVIf1Xa0YlbZjVHdgCXl2CJikZhzbr5LNc&s=GrxmkEjzL-6L-0UgJb1f2ub8_y84GT4jSOxxqPJ3Lxc&e=>,
ICANN Vice President for UN engagement and Javier Rúa-Jovet
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__icannwiki.org_Javier-5FRua-2DJovet&d=DwMDaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=PqnmlD10aN3cxIHyiUf_hNf25P6Dsv7dJM6flBzRrBs&m=kCfKs0p7lTVIf1Xa0YlbZjVHdgCXl2CJikZhzbr5LNc&s=q-m2qs57JYTu7b_xQiRqciPRkcgGtkuXKDsG0oiMYSU&e=>,
ALAC NARALO representative.

Building upon the successful geopolitics and cybersecurity session during
ICANN 67 [One World - One Internet? Cybersecurity and Geopolitics in a
Multistakeholder Environment [67.schedule.icann.org]
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__67.schedule.icann.org_meetings_1152529&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=FZbtcW2oEQ93m17Ia1eqCGwCfuvhKMRNMQ3MV-WXo9U&s=nrybaKnmHa9RAlQdoCYat9mY1KzIp6R-F3WQJpoYAdk&e=>],
the At-Large Capacity Building Working Group is holding a follow up webinar
as a run up to ICANN 68. Its aim is to follow the progress made thus far in
enhancing community presence in ongoing cybersecurity and Internet
governance discussions as well as get a better understating of upcoming
issues and challenges.

This interactive webinar will include an update on UN processes potentially
impacting ICANN’s mission as well as a review of ICANN Board's progress and
further plans in ensuring due representation of the ICANN community in
these geopolitical trends. We hope for the webinar to be a platform for
developing a better understanding of end user interests as represented in
ICANN multistakeholder processes and how those fit in with global
multilateral discussion in UN and beyond. Additionally, we will also try to
explore whether the recent pandemic has impacted multistakeholder policy
development, with particular emphasis on end user interests.

During this webinar we would like to address the following questions:

   - What are the recent developments in international relations and policy
   making which might have a direct impact on ICANN, its community and its
   functions (with emphasis on UN OEWG and UN GGE)? Has the pandemic impacted
   these ongoing processes? What are the nearest prospected outcomes we should
   be aware of? Have multilateral and multistakeholder processes proven to be
   contradictory by nature or can they be aligned?
   - What are the nearest ICANN Board plans to address these developments
   and interests? How can the ICANN community best support the Board in
   fulfilling these?
   - How do we identify a common end user interest among and between these
   law making efforts? Are end users more than subjects to state jurisdiction
   - is there a shared common interest to be identified and addressed by the
   ICANN community? Is the collective interest of end users different from
   that of state citizens as represented by governments? Does
   multistakeholderism still offer a critical “post Westphalian” innovation
   allowing and fostering individual end-user’ engagement internationally,
   helping counterbalance state-actors’ purely geopolitical interests or are
   we heading back to multilateralism?

The webinar will be an interactive exercise that welcomes questions and
discussion from all community members. We will have an interactive quiz
during the presentations and an opportunity for Q&A at the end of the
presentation. Staff will end the webinar with an Evaluation Survey to allow
us to continue to improve these webinars.

We hope for this to be a useful point of departure for the upcoming virtual
policy forum at ICANN68 (June 22nd - 25th).

Thank you.

Kind regards,

ICANN Policy Staff in support of the At-Large Community

Website: atlarge.icann.org [atlarge.icann.org]
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__atlarge.icann.org_&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=eVjcqQ6q8nY7QUSrlA2nPJNCy7kLh0qN2VYRahN9_94&s=w0dPK7RICz6K2B73FoSU1sV9BhHFOnYC3blqz9emA6o&e=>

Facebook: facebook.com/icann [facebook.com]
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_icannatlarge&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=eVjcqQ6q8nY7QUSrlA2nPJNCy7kLh0qN2VYRahN9_94&s=cQT9ewNA5UeVKxa3D4IGyjS4kHn3xOCI4z2ZyLFEX0k&e=>
atlarge [facebook.com]
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_icannatlarge&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=eVjcqQ6q8nY7QUSrlA2nPJNCy7kLh0qN2VYRahN9_94&s=cQT9ewNA5UeVKxa3D4IGyjS4kHn3xOCI4z2ZyLFEX0k&e=>

Twitter: @ [twitter.com]
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_ICANNAtLarge&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=eVjcqQ6q8nY7QUSrlA2nPJNCy7kLh0qN2VYRahN9_94&s=S3JMa5G0D-NLynujJc8RwSnj4cn354eHaVMXf2JIsm4&e=>
ICANNAtLarge [twitter.com]
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__twitter.com_ICANNAtLarge&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=ds9md1zoepmwqw2nfk-Vs9ssxn1I3jPs97ekKkctEkM&m=eVjcqQ6q8nY7QUSrlA2nPJNCy7kLh0qN2VYRahN9_94&s=S3JMa5G0D-NLynujJc8RwSnj4cn354eHaVMXf2JIsm4&e=>

At-Large Official Site: http://www.atlarge.icann.org
disabling delivery altogether (e.g., for a vacation), and so on.