[kictanet] Law to ban persons not returning money received by error

Kathy Mwai kathymwai at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 11:06:45 EAT 2020

Coming from the thought that Safaricom should have implemented this ages
ago, I am wondering if perhaps they would think that's stretching their
'business mandate' too far? Like their business is to allow you to send and
receive money, period. However, I guess the issue of responsible business
comes up. One of the easiest things I would think they can do is to send a
message to the wrong recipient as soon as possible and ask them to make the
reversal, failure to which they read them the riot act as explained in
the Computer Misuse and Cybercrime Act cited above? Back in the day, when
they used to have system errors and it would be possible to make free
calls, they'd be able to charge your account in retrospect as soon as the
system was fixed. In which case, it should be possible to provide a
reprieve to the aggrieved Mpesa user...

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 at 10:50, Okoyo Gabriel via kictanet <

*Dream and Your Dreams Will Fall Short <kathymwai at gmail.com>...*