[kictanet] INVITATION TO A MEETING OF THE SENATE STANDING COMMITTEE ON INFORMATION AND TECHNOLOGY

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at kictanet.or.ke
Tue Jul 7 13:30:44 EAT 2020

Dear Listers

Greetings!

The Senate Standing ICT committee is inviting us a consultative meeting to
deliberate on emerging legislative and policy gaps in the ICT sector that
may require the intervention of the Committee, more so in response to the
Covid-19 pandemic. The meeting will be held on *Wednesday, 15 July, 2020 at
9:40 a.m. on the Zoom*. A secure link will be shared with yours with those
who are interested in participating.

In 2017, we engaged with the Senate ICT committee, and produced a report *‘Talk
to the Senate’: Priorities 2017-2022* which can be found here:
https://www.kictanet.or.ke/?mdocs-file=40221

The engagement focused on 4 broad areas namely:

1.     ICT challenges, risks and opportunities in the counties

2.     Opportunities for intervention by the Senate

3.     Necessary legislative interventions

4.     Effective public participation, and

5.     Emerging issues.

You may want to see whether anything has changed in these thematic areas,
in particular in light of Covid 19. Are there ways in which things can be
done differently?

We request listers interested in participating in this meeting to kindly
express their interest to Liz Orembo via lizorembo at kictanet.or.ke by
Tuesday July 14, 2020 at 5 PM.  A secure link will then be shared. For
those who cannot make it but would still want to raise an issue, please do
so here on this list and we will ensure it gets to the committee.

Asanteni sana.

Rgds

Grace