[kictanet] Kenya's Criminal Justice System Goes Digital

Josphat Karanja karanjajf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 22:00:08 EAT 2020

Grace,

Yes. I confirm I am part of the Judiciary team that has developed and
implemented the above mentioned system.

One of the key requirements is that we require a unique identifier for all
court users. That's why the requirement of the ID or passport. Connecting
to the eCitizen was to allow us validate the information supplied. I agree
with you there are challenges in relying on the eCitizen to get that
information but we are working with the relevant Department to make sure
the information is available.

It's true we require the information about the respondent to facilitate
eService after filing.

Josphat Karanja, *PMP®*

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a
habit." - Aristotle

*Blog: *http://mawazoyamkenya.blogspot.com/

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 10:07 AM Grace Bomu <nmutungu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you with the judiciary @karanjajf at gmail.com Josphat?
> Tying of the judiciary system to ecitizen is problematic to people who do
> not have legal representation or those trying to sue individuals.  Last I
> checked the system needed you to have the other party's ID number so that
> their names can be generated from e-citizen. It is difficult when one does
> not have the ID number or the correct ID number of the other person.
> Please look into that.
>

> On Sunday, 5 July 2020, Josphat Karanja via kictanet <
>
>> Thanks David for the update. I would be glad to address any
>> issues/concerns and feedback from members on the automation at the
>> Judiciary.
>>
>> Regards
>> Josphat Karanja, *PMP®*
>>
>> "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a
>> habit." - Aristotle
>>
>> *Blog: *http://mawazoyamkenya.blogspot.com/
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 12:05 PM David Indeje via kictanet <
>>
>>> Dear listers.
>>>
>>> [image: image.png]
>>>
>>> This week, 'hayawi hayawi huwa' (Anything long-anticipated comes to
>>> realisation) Kenya judiciary went digital with also the Office of Director
>>> of Public Prosecution also developed and integrated its case management and
>>> document tracking system to the judiciary's Electronic Filing System.
>>>
>>> The judiciary disclosed that the E-filing system will generate the
>>> necessary impetus to fully integrate ICT into all justice processes to
>>> enhance efficiency.
>>>
>>> The Components of E-Filing include
>>> 1) E-Case Registration
>>> 2) E-payment