[kictanet] MPESA 'Hakikisha' Privacy Issues

Arya Jeipea Karijo johnpaulem at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 08:40:12 EAT 2020

I think they will argue that they have provided options for opting out.
But the thing is you have to go looking for it... it is not in your face.

But as I have said before - the threshold of compliance with data
protection and also in getting users to read "software license agreements"
should be as high as the same level companies use to market their products.

That means if a company can go all out with a video to advertise their
service... then the "Software license agreement" should be a fancy video...
"think of it a little bit like the little ones they have on the flights
telling you about safety" - in extreme case scenario the sales person
should "educate" the user into what they are signing up for.

With kind regards

Jeipea

Believe in yourself then you can change your world

Skype: john.paul.em
Cell: +254735586956

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 12:00 AM Nick Ngatia via kictanet <