[kictanet] Internet Should Be A Public Utility Service

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 15:01:07 EAT 2020

Muthoni,

MP's may be more civil but now MCA's should stop fighting governors
(authorities) who check/limit travel (per diems) & audit bursaries. With
the electoral (constituency) system likely to change in 2023, only MCA's
(1450 wards) are guaranteed more funds.

What if per diems saved (not utilized) over these 3 months could be
invested on Internet infrastructure at the ward level? Digging trenches
(laying fibre) will even create local jobs + on going  community policing
(public participation) to monitor the infrastructure.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-50432073