[kictanet] Two videos on Network Coverage in Bungoma and Kitui Counties, and in Turkana and Marsabit

Dorcas Muthoni dmuthoni at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 11:24:44 EAT 2019

Indeed wonderful that coverage is extensive.  What really remains is
lowering the cost of access to the Internet. Mobile data is expensive.  To
keep online for the whole day on mobile data could mean missing out on all
your daily needs such as food for majority of the population. Many youth
forego meals for data bundles already.

This is a critical component of universal access.  Otherwise,  we seem to
be doing well in universal coverage.

Can we move forward the discussions on this line.

Thanks CAK (Wambua ) for the good news but this is just the beginning.  I
currently see the Internet as public utility like water, electricity,
roads,  etc.

IMHO,
Muthoni

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019, 10:47 Ali Hussein via kictanet <