[kictanet] KICA Amendment- Regulation of Social Media

kanini mutemi kaninimutemi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 21:57:19 EAT 2019

Thank you @Timothy.

Are there any drawbacks to your proposal?

@Mwara I think the purpose of the Bill is anybody’s guess at this time. But
there are clues hidden in the amendments that show some cleverness on the
MPs part. Eg:

*841B. A licensee may collect, use, preserve, and share information of its
user where it is reasonably necessary to respond to a legal process.*

This could point to the never ending thirst to make user information
available. This is not without severe constitutional consequences.

On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 21:51, Timothy- Coach- Oriedo via kictanet <

*Mercy Mutemi, Advocate*.