[kictanet] Mesh Networks in South Africa

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Sat Mar 30 17:33:49 EAT 2019

Thank you Peter Wakaba for the probing questions. It has lead to very rich
answers from Michuki, Ndemo, and Gitau. Thank you Joash for putting this
forward, and Song too.

I want to request the following three players to also comment about their
initiative. Probably what their initiative is all about, the positives,
opportunities, and challenges they face.

1. Josephine Miliza of Tunapanda Network.
2. Tonny Okwonga of BOSCO Network Uganda
3. Andy Halsall / Dirk-Jan Koeman / Chris Rhodes of Poa Internet.

Can someone link the good people at Poa internet to this thread? Andrew
Alston or Ben Roberts probably?

For a fact, I know BOSCO Network in Northern Uganda is quite expansive,
covering a radius of about 200km, and offering FREE internet to community
centers. Is this sustainable? Well, they have been around for more than 12
years. There is the answer.

Warm regards
Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 18:51, Michuki Mwangi via kictanet <