[kictanet] John Suffolk's Statement at the Huawei Press Conference on March 7, 2019 - Huawei

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Mon Mar 11 07:10:16 EAT 2019

Adam

Thanks for this. Informative. Part of it is public knowledge already
especially the part about components of computer systems being manufactured
by several vendors.

The Global IT Supply Chain is so convoluted and so many players involved
that if what the US is alluding to is correct that we will see the collapse
of this ecosystem, of which China is a major player. Kind of shooting
oneself in the foot so to speak. Take Apple for example: According to the
statement 766 global suppliers, among which 346 were on the Chinese
mainland. In summary, around half of iPhones are manufactured in China.

This will be case study worthy of any Business School going forward.

Regards

*Ali Hussein*

*Principal*

*AHK & Associates*

Tel: +254 713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

<http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

13th Floor , Delta Towers, Oracle Wing,

Chiromo Road, Westlands,

Nairobi, Kenya.

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 6:06 PM Adam Lane via kictanet <