[kictanet] In Court, Facebook Blames Users for Destroying Right to Privacy

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Mon Jun 17 07:26:53 EAT 2019

Alice

Thanks. This is interesting. And a tidbit confusing even for me. The answer
I believe is abit more complex. My sense:-

1. We must wean ourselves from senseless Social Media Consumption. This is
a double-edged sword. It can be used for social good (The Arab Spring
anyone? ) and evil (state-sponsored fake news etc)

2. Policy initiatives around Net Neutrality could be one policy tool. I
don't believe for example that the Internet.org initiative by Facebook is
good long term. We can, however, debate that.

3. More Activist Regulation like the one being championed by the European
Union is something to consider. It's a shame really that 20 years+ on we
don't have a Policy on Net Neutrality and how to deal with abuse of Market
Dominance.

One thing that gives me hope however is that we are discussing this. It is
the beginning. It is never too late.

Regards

*Ali Hussein*

*Principal*

*AHK & Associates*

Tel: +254 713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

<http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

13th Floor , Delta Towers, Oracle Wing,

Chiromo Road, Westlands,

Nairobi, Kenya.

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.

On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 1:02 AM Alice Munyua via kictanet <