[kictanet] IGF Week Day 2 Discussion - Digital Inclusion

David Indeje davidindeje at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 13:22:57 EAT 2019

Dear Victor,

I would like to share my thoughts on this :

   - How can we tackle access and affordability issues, and what
   improvements need to be made?

A good case study is Mobile Money Interoperability, has it advanced better
inclusion?
It should be noted that the Central Bank of Kenya laid out principles of
Mobile Money Interoperability which include: cost levels, efficiency, and
security.

*Cost:* price for the transfer of money across networks would not be higher
than those of transferring money within the network, and no interchange
fees will be applied.
*Efficiency:* the mobile money operators were tasked to ensure that the
interfaces between them were as secure as possible to avoid any losses for
both customers and the networks.
*Security:* no undue delay would occur when transferring money across
networks.

This is commendable as payments worldwide lean towards more open systems
and Kenya has been embracing it. Therefore, It would be time to take stock
on how the one year journey has shaped mobile money transfers since the
introduction of interoperability, to determine the value addition and what
could be done differently.

*Kind Regards,*

*David Indeje *

 +254 (0) 711 385 945|  +254 (0) 734 024 856      Khusoko
<https://khusoko.com/>

  <https://www.facebook.com/DavidIndeje/>
<https://twitter.com/David_Indeje>
<http://ke.linkedin.com/pub/david-indeje/17/7b9/647>  Skype: david.indeje

On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 at 11:33, Victor Kapiyo via kictanet <