[kictanet] Online discussion on State of Broadband - Policy day

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Mon Apr 29 15:54:55 EAT 2019

Mwendwa

What do you mean it's as good as ratified?

Were comments and observations incorporated? Or if they weren't was there
an indication on why these were not adopted?

Public Participation MUST mean exactly that. People's views taken into
account and a transparent process put in place. This list has always
decried the perceived ticking 'of the box' Govt Apparatchiks take this most
important of governance issues. What is the point of debating and adding
views if we shall not see the fruits of our labor? Why not just dispense of
it altogether?

We need someone to sponsor a bill in Parliament and define what Public
Participation is and what the parameters are. This is something KICTANet
needs to champion post haste.

Regards

*Ali Hussein*

*Principal*

*AHK & Associates*

Tel: +254 713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

<http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

13th Floor , Delta Towers, Oracle Wing,

Chiromo Road, Westlands,

Nairobi, Kenya.

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 1:17 PM Mwendwa Kivuva via kictanet <