[kictanet] Huduma Namba Questions

Grace Bomu nmutungu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 16:03:29 EAT 2019

Listers,
There are reports that huduma number data in Machakos County has gone
missing. See
http://dailyactive.info/2019/04/22/huduma-namba-data-go-missing-in-machakos/
and subsequent reports of arrests and investigations on the matter
https://www.kahawatungu.com/2019/04/23/machakos-huduma-namba-registration-assistants-arrested-over-missing-data/

On asking around, it appears that huduma namba kits use micro SD cards
which when full are taken to the Assistant or County Commissioners Office
for copying (onto NIIMS?).

Got me wondering whether use of SD cards is the practice across the country
and the implications for data security and integrity with this method.

Other questions I still have from observing the exercise is what the real
objective of data collection is. It appears that most adults (with ID
cards) may already have had their data in different registries related. I
am assuming that this is how eCitizen and IPRS works.

And then the question of integrity/accuracy of data when a person gives
data about other people eg spouses. Will there be opportunity to know what
data is held about me?

Would be great to have this explained.

Regards,

--