[kictanet] Online discussion on State of Broadband in Kenya

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Tue Apr 23 08:35:41 EAT 2019

Dear Listers,

As notified last week, we are conducting an assessment on the state of play
and impact of broadband in Kenya, broadly looking at the socio-economic
impact on consumers, businesses and various sectors like agriculture,
education, healthcare, finance and government.

We are looking at real life examples of impact of broadband, challenges we
face in increasing impact of broadband and recommendations on interventions
needed to address the challenges identified.

For this discussion, we define broadband as any fast internet. Fast enough
to serve your intended purpose. We can have an extended definition through
the discussion.

Some of the questions we should answer are:

   1. What is the current state of broadband in Kenya? What is the current
   coverage of broadband in Kenya? Do you have broadband internet in your
   area? How affordable is the available broadband?
   2. What barriers are there in increasing impact of broadband in Kenya?
   3. What recommendations can counter the barriers identified in
   increasing impact of broadband?

Looking forward to a grrat debate.
Sincerely,