[kictanet] Fwd: [Internet Policy] Evangelical view on artificial intelligence

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 08:26:59 EAT 2019

Listers,

Might be of interest to some.

Regards
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ayden Férdeline <ayden at ferdeline.com>
Date: Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 10:56 PM
Subject: [Internet Policy] Evangelical view on artificial intelligence
To: ISOC INTERNETPOLICY <internetpolicy at elists.isoc.org>

The Southern Baptist Convention has released a policy paper and a statement
of principles on the ethics of Artificial Intelligence.

I found it an interesting read, which, of course, is not to say I agree
with all of it ;-) But as many of us are grappling with what AI is and how
it will change our world, I found it fascinating to see how a religious
organization is trying to proactively address some of these concerns before
AI has an even broader social impact.

I am not sure if other religions are engaging on this topic too, but if so,
I would be curious to read their thoughts as well.

You can read their statement here:

https://erlc.com/resource-library/statements/artificial-intelligence-an-evangelical-statement-of-principles

Ayden Férdeline

and go to the Interests tab within your profile.

--
Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277