[kictanet] [labor issues] why Kenya should urgently BAN unpaid

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Thu Apr 4 11:23:46 EAT 2019

Jimmy

Let me be clear and remove my 'cleverness' :-)

My deep conviction is this:-

We are bucking the wrong tree. Let's go back to the basics. Let's redefine
what an internship/apprenticeship means. Firstly, let's accept that the
internship concept has been so bastardized that it has lost meaning. I
would like at this point to replace internship with apprenticeship.
Apprenticeship used to mean:-

*A person who is learning a trade from a skilled employer, having agreed to
work for a fixed period at low wages.*

Let us have candid conversations around changing mindsets  - both from a
corporate perspective and an internee/apprentice perspective.

Regards

*Ali Hussein*

*Principal*

*AHK & Associates*

Tel: +254 713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

<http://ke.linkedin.com/in/alihkassim>

13th Floor , Delta Towers, Oracle Wing,

Chiromo Road, Westlands,

Nairobi, Kenya.

Any information of a personal nature expressed in this email are purely
mine and do not necessarily reflect the official positions of the
organizations that I work with.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 5:06 PM Jimmy Gitonga via kictanet <