[kictanet] Twitter’s new policy will prohibit speech that treats others as subhuman

WANGARI KABIRU wangarikabiru at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 27 07:33:13 EAT 2018

Twitter Proposes Banning Dehumanizing Content

|  |  |

|  |
Twitter Proposes Banning Dehumanizing Content

Yoree Koh

Twitter plans to expand its rules to no longer allow content that treats others as subhuman in its latest attemp...

   - BUSINESS

Twitter Proposes Banning Dehumanizing Content

"Twitter Inc. is planning to expand its rules to no longer allow content that treats others as subhuman in its latest attempt to replace toxic speech on the platform with healthier discourse. The new policy will home in on “dehumanizing” speech because “language that makes someone less than human can have repercussions off the service, including normalizing serious violence,” Twitter executives wrote in a blog post on Tuesday. The new rule would ban content that “dehumanizes others based on their membership in an identifiable..."

If this was the position of one of the Government Agencies, the hue and cry on freedom of speech, freedom of expression etc would've been drowning. However from a corporation, it becomes 'acceptable'.

Be blessed.Regards/Wangari
---
Pray God Bless. 2013Wangari circa - "Being of the Light, We are Restored Through Faith in Mind, Body and Spirit; We Manifest The Kingdom of God on Earth".