[kictanet] The Government Whitebox is out...

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 13:59:46 EAT 2018

Wangari,

This is a step in the right direction. Have stated this before (maybe
elsewhere:) we need to focus on competitions. Highly competent introverts
may not be as "good" in bluffing (talking) as future tenderprenuers will
be. We begin to identify talent in schools and keep track of them all
through college (especially the ones who chose to study/work locally).
There is no need to waste time or money on those who do not value (invest
in) their own localities.

Factoring we (all humans) tend to hang out with their own kind
(behaviorally), teams which tend to be more honest/accurate in their
specifications and prescriptions (solutions) will be safer bets for
investment funds.

Often when a project fails it is because some of us did not want to hear
the truth (actual costs of a project excluding kickbacks) or did not allow
for data/analytics to guide our decisions.

Question is how (i) government (ii) academia and (iii) market players will
work together to provide relevant solutions.

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 1:17 PM WANGARI KABIRU via kictanet <