[kictanet] NTSA - New driving license a big joke

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon May 28 09:10:17 EAT 2018

On 27 May 2018 at 19:49, Barrack Otieno via kictanet <

> Listers,
>
> I was just checking on twitter the requirements for the new generation
> driving license by NTSA and i must admit that it is a big joke and a
> scam.
>
> For starters, the requirement that one deposits KES 3150 is a big joke
> knowing that this is almost half the salary of workers upcountry
> (forget those driving around in government or company  owned guzzlers
> who pay for everything from office petty cash)
> In any case, an ATM card with similar features as the new driving
> license is free in local banks, can NTSA clarify what the public is
> paying for?
> With digitization, why does it take two weeks to obtain this new
> driving license?, arent this avenues for promoting corruption?
>
> #ifikieNTSA
>
> Wacha tubaki analog
>
> --
> Barrack O. Otieno
> +254721325277
> +254733206359
> Skype: barrack.otieno
> PGP ID: 0x2611D86A

I saw it mentioned that the Digital  DL will be valid for 3 years. How does
one renew it after the expiry? You get a new one at a cost of 3000 or you
pay the usual fee and they programme the new expiry dates on the chip?
For now, I would say that the only bad side is that of forcing everyone to
pay for 3 years, but again that could be the new govt policy on this -
which is both good and bad. Good because it will reduce the human flow to
those offices to just once in 3 years; bad because the staff will be mostly
idle, but still being paid :-)
You need a leaner staff for this department.
The govt is silent on RENEWAL process and that is what I suppose should
come clear.

Meanwhile, NTSA is still silent on the NewGEN number plates. #CorruptionKE

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,