[kictanet] Cambridge Analytica

Timothy- Coach- Oriedo timoriedo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 23:01:53 EAT 2018

The cock has finally come home to roost?

As Data Scientists, we have for long pointed out Cambridge Analyticas dirty
hands in mining data below is a statement from facebook newroom today
detailing the extent of their aberration that's led to their subsequent
suspension.  Problem is there are a myriad of other apps out there still
mining information from our phones and modelling nuanced  targeted
advertising that influences our decisions subliminally.

https://newsroom.fb.com/news/2018/03/suspending-cambridge-analytica/

My previous articles that mentioned their work....

https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/africa/2017-07-17-kenyas-social-media-election-attack-ads-and-data-mining/

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/analysis/Why-data-driven-news-generation-reporting-has-come--age/539548-3810070-j3drfu/index.html