[kictanet] Talk-2-Safaricom: Days 1 of 6 (Monday 6th Feb) - Consumer Issues

Joe Alex Kimani joealex.kimani at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 09:18:43 EAT 2018

Hi Dennis,

I haven’t tested on a feature phone yet but yeah. For a while this issue has been alternating in functionality. First it could only read through SIM contacts only then it worked on both but only on Android 2.x upto version 5.x but not above version 5. On iPhone it only searches the phone contacts.

I thinking this is a major value add that Safaricom needs to align. I know it requires for them to access phones private data stores which as per data privacy laws can be limiting as mobile devices become more secured due to global data privacy laws but I’m sure there is a solution somewhere.

Regards,
Joe Alex Kimani
Technology and Cyber Security Enthusiast