[kictanet] Artificial intelligence: starting the policy dialogue in Africa

WANGARI KABIRU wangarikabiru at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 27 11:50:50 EAT 2018

HomePage | Pathways for Prosperity

|   |    |

|   |
HomePage | Pathways for Prosperity
   |   |

How will new and emerging technologies affect development in the poorest countries?Rapid technological change – including artificial intelligence, biotechnology, and robotics – is increasingly shaping our world. What does this mean for developing countries? How can they navigate this shifting landscape, steering a path towards inclusive development and poverty reduction?The Commission on Technology and Inclusive Development will examine how to turn the potential risks of technological change into opportunities for inclusive development. "Policymakers in developing countries need practical, evidence-based guidance on steps they can take to harness technology’s potential for development and poverty reduction and mitigate against possible negative effects."

=====
High level conversations over 2 years feeding into "the intersection of the next level technologies, development and inclusivity".
The Commission approach may be of good interest to ICT4D practitioners.
Be blessed.
Regards/Wangari
---
Pray God Bless. 2013Wangari circa - "Being of the Light, We are Restored Through Faith in Mind, Body and Spirit; We Manifest The Kingdom of God on Earth".