[kictanet] Fraud at KENIC?

Kevin Kamonye kevin.kamonye at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 18:22:16 EAT 2018

On another note. I hope Kenic are looking into the issue of this data leak.

There is a growing concern of sensitive systems being abused from within.
Log every user operation even if it is just a read-only activity.

And lastly on a general point of advice - always back up the database
before any major operation. And for data that is as significant as that
which is held by Kenic - backup to even 10 copies and store some offline.

Aside from offline backups, we have advanced system backup utilities such
as VMWare's live replication and snapshots. With such you can roll back and
be live in a matter of seconds.

Regards,

Kevin

On 26 January 2018 at 16:28, Barrack Otieno via kictanet <