[kictanet] eCitizen Service Down

Lilian Kimeto lilian.kimeto at ict.go.ke
Mon Jan 15 17:05:15 EAT 2018

Dear Victor,

I have passed your concern to our Applications Team.They will get in touch
with you.

regards,
Lilian

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 6:01 AM, Kelvin Kariuki via kictanet <

> I have been trying it since morning, it gives this error:
> "503 Service UnavailableNo server is available to handle this request."
>
> Its time they commit to a serious Service Level Agreement. Of late the
> downtime has been frequent, I have been in the process of registering a
> company and most of the time the service is not available. As a community,
> we are supposed to speak up about this to save the millions of Kenyans
> suffering from this inconvenience.
>
> The 503 Service Unavailable error is an HTTP status code that means the
> web site's server is simply not available right now. *Most of the time,
> it occurs because the server is too busy or because there's maintenance
> being performed on it*... Read on: https://www.lifewire.com/
> 503-service-unavailable-explained-2622940
>
> The error is most likely caused by simultaneous access by millions of
> Kenyans, the servers they have can't handle that amount of traffic. They
> should upgrade their data center. A Service Level Agreement will enforce
> them to do that and Kenyans will get a convenient service.
>
> On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 4:42 PM, Victor Kapiyo via kictanet <
>
>> Hi Listers,
>>
>> Anyone noticed that the ecitizen portal is down. I'm not sure how
>> frequently this happens but what's the acceptable downtime for such a
>> critical service. Or should we go back to manual backup?
>>
>> Victor

>> ailman/options/kictanet/kelvinkariuki89%40gmail.com

> Best Regards,
>
> Kelvin Kariuki
> Assistant Lecturer
> Multimedia University of Kenya
> Faculty of Computing and Information Technology
> Twitter Handle: @teacherkaris
> Alt email: kkariuki at mmu.ac.ke
> Mobile: +2547 29 385 557
>
> The Lord is my Shepherd

> mailman/options/kictanet/lilian.kimeto%40ict.go.ke

Manager,Communication
ICT Authority
Teleposta Towers 12th Floor,Kenyatta Avenue
Po Box 27150-00100Nairobi ,Kenya
Tel + 254 20 2089061
www.icta.go.ke
communications at ict.go.ke