[kictanet] Talk to Senate Final Report

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 17:03:16 EAT 2018

Good work *BUT* if it is the actual report to the Senate, the
recommendations to create CIO and CDO offices are not emphasized enough. These
officers will be PRIMARILY responsible to procure, create and support
(secure) data infrastructure and processing. By legislation, CIO approval
must be required in the procurement of the same. CIO budgets must be
considered (and never totally rejected) by County Assemblies.

We are told KES 6 Billion is budgeted for travel but what are the budgets
to increase access to information in 2017-2018?

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/MPs--senators-plan-to-spend-Sh6bn-on-trips/539546-4532314-gb6v89z/index.html

>From the work done by the CIO and CDO in a State Corporation or County,
communication officers can publish more accurate and detailed information
(including visualizations) of expenditure, work flows, service delivery,
procurement, regulations, etc.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 1:06 PM, Grace Githaiga via kictanet <

> Listers
>
> Greetings!
>
> Further to our *Talk to Senate *online discussions that focused on ICT
> policy issues at the counties, and where we interrracted with Senator
> Abshiro Halake, the Vice Chair of the Senate ICT committee, we are now
> happy to share the final report.
>
> We are grateful to all of you who contributed and made this conversation
> vibrant.
>
> The full Report is here:  https://www.kictanet.or.ke/?
> wpdmpro=talk-to-the-senate-priorities-2017-2022
>
> Best regards
>

> Githaiga, Grace
>

> Co-Convenor
> Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet)
> Twitter:@ggithaiga
> Tel: 254722701495
> Skype: gracegithaiga
> Alternate email: ggithaiga at hotmail.com
> Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gracegithaiga
> www.kictanet.or.ke
>
> "Change only happens when ordinary people get involved, get engaged and
> come together to demand it. I am asking you to believe. Not in my ability
> to bring about change – but in yours"---Barrack Obama.

> mailman/options/kictanet/murigi.muraya%40gmail.com

SMM

*"Better a patient person than a warrior, one with self-control than one
who takes a city." Prov 16:32*