[kictanet] Cryptocurrency Trading

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 11:39:03 EAT 2017

Hi Dorcas , hi Ali,

I think you are on the same page. I recall the last townhall meeting at
Dusit which validated the blockchain policy brief was attended by a number
of Stakeholders from all stakeholder groupings. That the CS Joe Mucheru
alongside a number of officers from his ministry attended is testament to
the interest and appreciation of the Government as a stakeholder in the
technology. The list of participants in the meeting was multi stakeholder.
Some Stakeholders such as the CBK Governor have been uneasy about
Blockchain but seem to be warming up over time. In my humble opinion it
would be good to build on the steps that have been made as we chart the way
forwad. In 2016 blockchain was a key topic in the Kenya Internet Governance
Forum attended by more than 250 stakeholders physically and many more
remotely. A number of local block chain companies and experts participated
in panels that interrogated the technology. It might be that what we are
witnessing is the ripple effect of the awareness efforts created in the
last three years. In the usual Kenyan spirit there are those that have
decided to capitalize on the emerging technology. We are at a good place in
that we can no longer bury our heads in the sand. Concrete actions or
independent regulatory agencies. They can tap into the feedback received
from various Conferences hosted locally from 2016 as well as papers and
policy briefs that have been written since then in consultation with the
stakeholders. We don't need to reinvent the wheel since the bus is moving.

Best Regards

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 11:24 AM, Dorcas Muthoni via kictanet <

Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277
+254733206359
Skype: barrack.otieno