[kictanet] Security Boost from China - Is it a hit or a miss?

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Sun May 14 21:24:36 EAT 2017

Listers,

I have been pondering over this generous offer from the Chinese Tech
Group Huawei to enhance our Security  Infrastructure in Nakuru, Kisumu
and Eldoret, however with recent cases of Cyber Security how safe are
we as a country with such offers?.
I have heard of cases of car tracking devices being used to facilitate
car jackings against unsuspecting owners, aren't we giving away too
much data about ourselves assuming Huawei will be providing support
for this Infrastructure?, have we thought of possible backdoors that
could give away the tonnes of data collected from the Infrastructure?
Before we implement the new system , it would also be good to know
whether the one deployed in Nairobi worked as well.

Best Regards

--
Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277