[kictanet] Fwd: MPESA NFC and Ecommerce Payment Automation

Martin Gicheru martingicheru at gmail.com
Thu May 11 12:58:31 EAT 2017

How long ago was this Erick? Because my understanding of the implementation
is totally different from what we've seen in the past. I can't comment on
security, I know quite little on that front, but the part where Safaricom's
implementation is just a tag that allows the POS to call the STK directly
at the last step of payments
<http://forums.techweez.com/t/safaricoms-mpesa-1-tap-a-summary-of-thoughts/1136>,
with visual confirmation of transaction is a winner. The reduction of steps
for a service people actively use is where the win is at.

Regards,
Martin Gicheru
On 11 May 2017 12:24, "Erick Mwangi via kictanet" <

Morning Listers,

This is a Cool feature for Mpesa. Personally I don`t hold much faith in it,
since secure elements for NFC are expensive, but I guess we`ll have to see
if they manage to make profit on this and what the uptake is.

Through an in-house Start-up, we once had implemented an NFC payment
solution with Vodafone a few years ago at our work canteen, it was mainly
used for employees to pay for food and beverages in the in-house facilities
and on the vending machines. No tags involved – we virtualised a secure
element on the NFC enabled SIM card ;)
However, after analysis we concluded that the model had no commercial
future, only for show.

But I stand to be corrected - Certainly interesting times..

E Njoroge Mwangi
Technology| FINTECH | Big Data

Cell +44 7539372742
Skype: Erick.mwangi

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 6:04 PM, Timothy- Coach- Oriedo via kictanet <

> Hi Listers,
>
> The long awaited NFC automation for MPESA is finally out.
>
> For all CIOs, developers, digital marketers looking at embedding the
> solution on their existing infrastructure to provide a seamless payment
> experience please check our website www.briskpesa.com and give me a call
> on 0722 816171.
>
> See attached inforgraph and video link below.
> Kind Regards
>
> Tim

mailman/options/kictanet/martingicheru%40gmail.com

The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform for
people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.

KICTANetiquette : Adhere to the same standards of acceptable behaviors
online that you follow in real life: respect people's times and bandwidth,
share knowledge, don't flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.