[kictanet] Cambridge Analytica and the Kenyan Elections

Erick Mwangi erick.mwangi at gmail.com
Wed May 10 14:30:27 EAT 2017

Not even sure where to begin but what's is evident #fakenews is here with
us. As we all know, take everything you hear with a pinch of salt.

Am curious really about the data angle and why FB "may" not work, the MO of
CA was based on algorithms based on Vector models that defined "forests" ie
they had sub-recruited 000's of agents on the ground (most of these were
actually volunteer and go literary knock on door to door to ask for
views from the electorate, this were fed onto tablets and data was received
at CA where we would analyse. However this was not the important message -
what defined campaign messages were what was not said ie Obese, special
needs child, alcoholic, divorced, jobless etc and these data is what
defined campaign messages on specific areas.

Facebook am afraid does not cut it in .KE

Regards,

E Njoroge Mwangi
Technology| FINTECH | Big Data

Cell +44 7539372742
Skype: Erick.mwangi

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Ngigi Waithaka via kictanet <