[kictanet] Consorting With The Frenemy: Ad Tech Players Partner For Shared Identity Matching | AdExchanger

kanini mutemi kaninimutemi at gmail.com
Sun May 7 07:26:07 EAT 2017

I see a problem here. The internet giants own the operating systems and
platforms those other players would use to develop competing approaches.
They could be 'Whatsapped' (Facebook bought Whatsapp when it wasn't even
financially viable because of the nascent threat it presented in
socializing). What do you think Google if it's core business is threatened.

On Sun, 7 May 2017 at 02:55 Ali Hussein via kictanet <

> Listers
>
> As a result of perceived dominance by Facebook and Google in the digital
> advertising space some players are already working in consortium to counter
> this.
>
> And it’s a shot across the bow of Facebook and Google, which suck in a
> majority of digital ad dollars.
>
> “The big giants have had an advantage over the open internet in that they
> have their own deterministic identities for users that allows more precise
> targeting and cross-device matching,” said AppNexus product VP Patrick
> McCarthy.
>
> Read on:-
>
> https://adexchanger.com/online-advertising/consorting-frenemy-ad-tech-players-partner-shared-identity-matching/
>

> *Ali Hussein*
> *Principal*
> *Hussein & Associates*
> +254 0713 601113
>
> Twitter: @AliHKassim
>
> Skype: abu-jomo

> "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a
> habit."  ~ Aristotle
>

> Sent from my iPad

*Mercy Mutemi, Advocate*.