[kictanet] Programme: Online Speech and Social Change Event, 16 March 2017

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at kictanet.or.ke
Thu Mar 9 10:45:17 EAT 2017

	*

Listers,

For those planning to attend this event, here is a draft programme.

Draft Programme

11.30 am: Registration
	* 12.00 pm: Lunch

	* 12.20pm: Seat guests

	* 12.30 pm: Welcome and introduction -SPEAKER -KICTAnet / Facebook

	* 12.45 pm: Presentation by (Article 19/BAKE) (15 mins each)

	* 1.15pm: Speech by NCIC on their mandate and experience dealing with
hate speech

	* 1.40pm: Moderated discussion (Q &A) about what is happening on the
ground-experiences of hate speech on social media platforms -MODERATOR
-KICTAnet Rep

	* 2.15pm:Break

	* 2.30pm: Facebook to present on content policy, community standards,
reporting policies [SPEAKERS:Neil Potts]

	* 3.15pm: Peace TechLab presentation on online hate speech in East
Africa (Caleb Gichuhi)

	* 3.30pm: Q+A -MODERATOR -Facebook rep

	* 4pm: Session close - Facebook / KICTAnet
	* 4.15pm: event close and SWAG give giveaway
On Wednesday, 08-03-2017 at 18:59 Grace Githaiga wrote:

Listers

Facebook, in partnership with KICTAnet,would like to invite you to a
conversation about hate speech and using social media to advocate for
positive social change, on Thursday 16 March from 11.30am.

We will host an interactive, Chatham House rules discussion about hate
speech on social media platforms and using social media to advocate
for positive social change. It will address platform community
standards, privacy tips and reporting, as well as using social media
platforms to counter hate speech.

The event will take place at Dusit D2,14 Riverside Park – Riverside
Woods (off Riverside Drive), Nairobi.

FB will also be soliciting feedback about its platforms, and
highlighting local examples of counter speech, as well as identifying
possibilities for collaboration.

To attend, please register here:https://
onlinespeechandsocialchangenai .splashthat.com

We look forward to seeing you on the 16th March!

Best regards

Githaiga, Grace

Co-Convenor
Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet)
Twitter:@ggithaiga
Tel: 254722701495
Skype: gracegithaiga
Alternate email: ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gracegithaiga
www.kictanet.or.ke

"Change only happens when ordinary people get involved, get engaged
and come together to demand it. I am asking you to believe. Not in my
ability to bring about change – but in yours"---Barrack Obama.