[kictanet] WikiLeaks CIA Leaks

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Wed Mar 8 21:03:23 EAT 2017

On 8 March 2017 at 20:07, K Machuhi via kictanet
<kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:
> What is the worst that can happen when CIA or DCI for that matter gains such
> intimate access to our private lives from texts and CDRs?
>
> Prepare for it or else enrol in a Smoke Signal Communications class.
>
> Possibly, humankind's rights to privacy was buried in rumble one bright
> September morning 15 years ago.

I had a longer response to this, but I will make its short with an
illustration, and allows us to digest.

Kenya GDP vs US GDP year 2015:
Kenya            : $63.4 billion per year
United States : $18.04 trillion per year

Relative value ratio:
Unites States : 284.5
Kenya            : 1

Relative value Comparison:
United States : 2850% larger
Kenya            : 99.65% smaller

So lets compare notes on those GDP percentages after 10 years with
that reasoning where we have one state have access to all our
insights, while we have zero of theirs. When you look at surveillance
in terms of how it affects parochial people who have no friction with
the state is loosing the bigger picture. It means your patents,
research, trade secrets, business deals are all with the big brother.
When Kenya goes to negotiate a business deal with US, they already
know what we discussed in private, and have already a counter proposal
to which we don't have any counter offer. This is just one example.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=kenya+gdp+vs+US+gdp