[kictanet] PRE KIGF ONLINE DISCUSSSIONS DAY 2- FAKE NEWS DURING ELECTIONEERING

kanini mutemi kaninimutemi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 08:34:38 EAT 2017

Good morning Listers,

Welcome to Day 2 of the Pre KIGF Online Discussions. Joy Mala and I will
co-moderate this session. We look forward to a vibrant discussion on *Fake
News* especially during the electioneering period.

We would like to hear your perspectives on:

(a)Is Fake News a problem for Kenya?

(b) Companies such as Cambridge Analytica
<https://cambridgeanalytica.org/> have
been said to use pyschographic techniques such as voter profiling during
elections to determine who gets to hear what message. Advertising companies
have used similar targeted approaches in marketing for years- why is it a
problem for elections?

(c) Should internet intermediaries filter Fake News from their platforms?

(d) Should Fake News be banned?

The discussion is open.
--
*Mercy Mutemi, Advocate*.