[kictanet] Levels of Big Data Maturity

Erick Mwangi erick.mwangi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 12:04:05 EAT 2017

*Levels of Big Data Maturity*

*Level 1: Infancy*
Thinking about it, There is an initial Big Data Environment in place.
Current in the proof of concept / pilot stage.

*Level 2: Technical Adoption*
Organisations using Big Data Mostly for storage or to transform. Usage
primarily by IT industry. Some Big Data exploratory analytics.

*Level 3: Business Adoption*
Leveraging discrete LOB use cases, structured and unstructured analysis.
Using predictive analytics applied to Big Data.

*Level 4: Enterprise Adoption*
Leveraging use cases for multiple LOBs. Integrated metadata, quality, and
governance across Big Data. Predictive insights integrated into business
operations.
*Level 5: DAaaS (Data Analytics as a Service)*
Operating as a data service provider, self-serve data. Collaboration and
sharing analytics across the enterprise.

As the data discourse is enhanced, the above outlines different levels of
adoption in Big data that puts a sharp focus of where are and what we need
to do.

Would be interesting to hear view points that would argue against that we
are in the Infancy stage.

E Njoroge Mwangi
Technology| FINTECH | Big Data

Cell +44 7539372742
Skype: Erick.mwangi

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 9:46 AM, Mwendwa Kivuva via kictanet <