[kictanet] PRE KIGF ONLINE DISCUSSIONS DAY 2- FAKE NEWS DURING ELECTIONEERING

kanini mutemi kaninimutemi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 15:12:49 EAT 2017

@Mutindi,

What offence would they be prosecuted for?

@Erick,

We are notoriuosly known for being reactionary rather than pro-active. At
the same time, as fashions go, the FAKE news conundrum will catch up with
us (if it hasn't already). I wonder whether we are not missing out on an
opportunity to step in front of a problem. See EU's approach to Fake News
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/headlines/eu-affairs/20170331STO69330/fake-news-how-to-counter-misinformation

Thank you all for contributing and apologies for reviving an old
conversation.

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Mutindi Muema via kictanet <