[kictanet] New Conversations: breeding a soon to be tech-wired-brain-dead generation

Tony White tony.mzungu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 10:17:20 EAT 2017

Hi Wangari,

Have a read of:

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/radiation/cell-phones-fact-sheet

The type of radiation from radio frequencies is non-ionising, and, at
most, causes a heating effect.  This heating effect is, of course,
greater where the power of the radiation is higher, and where the
proximity to your body is closer.  The radiation from a mobile phone
is far less than you would get by sitting in the sun, or sitting in
front of a fire - indeed, we refer to the heat from a fire as 'radiant
heat'.

If you really want to go deeper into this, then I suggest you examine
very closely the credentials of those spreading the FUD, and decide
for yourself if their studies have any veracity.

Then, if you still think that there is something to worry about,
consider the **level** of radiation exposure, compared with other
everyday sources (such as sunlight, fires, etc.) that we have already
been 'exposed' to (and evolved with!) for millions of years, and
decide if the added radiation is really something to worry about - or
is it really just a storm in a teacup.

...and I still eat bananas, even though 'studies' show they are dangerous. ;)

Cheers,
Tony

--
Tony White