[kictanet] Will the Communications Authority of Kenya spy on Kenyans?

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 05:37:01 EAT 2017

Hi Ali,

With regard to the data protection law. We seem to be talking to ourselves:

Question:

1. Can KICTANET and like minded organizations including regulatory
authorities  make use of Constitutional provisions and ensure that the
data protection law is in effect as soon as the next parliament
settles down? I propose that we take this route.

Losing trust in a critical sector such as ICT that is largely driven
by the Internet and Communications Technology will be very harmfull to
our economy and vision 2030. We should treat this as a national
disaster.

Regards