[kictanet] Press Statement By CA on DMS - rev 1.doc

Francis Monyango monyango93 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 08:48:36 EAT 2017

"13)	The Authority has been consulting and has engaged industry
stakeholders and relevant Government Agencies in an effort to manage
the proliferation of illegal mobile communications devices. The said
Agencies include the Anti-Counterfeit Agency (ACA), Kenya Revenue
Authority (KRA), National Police Service (NPS) and Kenya Bureau of
Standards (KEBS). All mobile network operators and equipment vendors
have also been engaged since the conceptualisation of the initiative.
"

Is it just me, but I am trying to understand how KRA (the taxman who
has been eyeing our Mpesa for a while now) is involved in blacklisting
devices. Won't that be ultravires in its part? Or do they have an
interest that CAK doesn't want to mention?

--
Francis Monyango

Lawyer and Trainee Advocate at the Kenya School of Law.
www.monyango.com
0726792792